Monday, April 17, 2006

He is Risen Indeed!

Carrie and I hiked into Hemmed-In Hollow waterfall on the Buffalo River (Ponca Wilderness Area) this last weekend. All sources said it was a very difficult hike out of there but we defied all odds and made it out in one piece. One piece each that is. I guess that it is two pieces all together. We even enjoyed the uphill climbing. We hiked the 2.5 miles down to the falls in 1:25 and only took just less than two hours to hike back out. We camped at the Steel Creek campground afterwards, had a little Easter sunrise service by the riverside. It was a good time. Boy are we glad we made it back for lunch at the Essen's. The ham was delicious and the company couldn't have been better.

Sign at the Compton trail head

A pretty overlook at mile 1.5

Hemmed-In Hollow Waterfall

Don't mess with me, my wife will take you down

Opposite view

Pretty little trail

Wild Vic's Cabin

My cowgirl

Using my new camp stove at the Steel Creek campground

This rock knows many canoes

2 comments:

Nate's Nonsense said...

Sweet pics of your trip. I'm amazed by Carrie's raw power!

Anonymous said...

Even delicious ham won't make this blog "neato" y'all